Replacing The Data Protection Act 2000 with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018
This is about keeping your data safe.
The Glade Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information and this will apply to its members, sponsors, donors and supporters.
When you become a member, make a donation or subscribe to our mailing list the information which you provide to us – which may include your name, postal and/or email address, phone number and membership subscription and/or donation payment details – is used and retained by us for the purposes of providing the most efficient service for you and the Foundation consistently with the furtherance of the Glade Foundation’s objectives. We may also send you information about future events, fund-raising appeals and other activities which may be of interest. We may also ask you about your skills which we could make use of to benefit the Glade Foundation’s activities.
Our approach to your privacy operates in accordance with the following principles: –
- Security – Information which you disclose to us will be stored only on a password-protected database.
- Communications – We will communicate with you either by email or letter. Email unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. However we do endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects but we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus free.
- Limited information – We will hold only such information as is required to provide the services which you have requested.
- Non-disclosure – We will not disclose any information which you give us to third parties.
- Your right to opt-out – Any consent which you have given for the use of your information may be withdrawn by you at any time by contacting the Trust in writing.
How we use your personal data
The personal information which you provide to us is used principally for the following purposes:-
- processing your membership or donation
- sending you information relating to our activities
- subject to your consent sharing your name and / or email address with the other members of your local area group of the Glade Foundation.
- updating you about changes to our website
You can at any time:-
- withdraw any consent which you have given relating to your personal data
- ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data
- ask us to stop processing your personal data either in some respects or altogether and/or to erase it
- ask us for a copy of your personal data
- lodge a complaint relating to the use of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office or the Fundraising Regulator.
Changes to this policy